For each of the sportspeople below, name their sport and nationality (half a point for each). No sport is represented more than once, and all six continents are included
1. Pieter van den Hoogenband
2. Marko Arnautovic
Give the surname of the famous Dave or David from the description
1. Director of the films Blue Velvet, Mulholland Drive and Dune
2. Spanish footballer with the most international goals for Spain, at 59 from 98 appearances.
I've written a new book: The Little European Quiz Book. It's available here. It's got 10 questions on each of the 27 countries of the EU, and a few bonus rounds, making 300 questions. There's also a short essay giving my favourite fact about each country in addition to the questions; for example, did you … Continue reading New book: The Little European Quiz Book →
Each of the below items is a hint to the name of a square on the standard London Monopoly board (for example, "famous for its prison" would be Pentonville Road).
1. What preposition is also the name given to the dimension through which dragons, watch-whers and fire lizards travel when teleporting in Anne McCaffrey’s Dragonriders of Perm science fiction series?
2. In which year did Ho Chi Minh declare independence for the Democratic republic of Vietnam from France?