1. How much will it cost you in Monopoly if you land on Mayfair with a hotel?
2. What is the name of the famous Singapore hotel which supposedly invented the Singapore Sling?
1. Which band of the 1990s missed you "like the deserts miss the rain"?
2. Which desert of Northern Chile is often considered to be the driest in the world, with some parts having had no rain for at least 400 years.
1. GW off K by KH
2. The G of ED by HB
For each of the following 10 items, say whether you are more likely to wear it, eat it or play it.
Give the title of the book, and the author and the book title (in that order, in brackets) from the initials
1. It was the B of T, it was the W of T (CD, a T of 2C)
2. It was a P to B (RB, F 451)
Name the Robert (or derivative) from the description
1. Winner of football's 1966 Ballon D'or, the same year as he also won the World Cup
2. Chairman of the Walt Disney Company from 2005 to 2020
Give the Russian word, also used in English and found in the Oxford English dictionary, from the definition. The number refers to the number of letters in the word
1. Russian word for "Citadel" or "Fortress", generally used with reference to a specific example in English (7)
2. A steam bath with a wooden stove. (5)
Give the opening song lyric, and the song and the band (in that order, in brackets)
1. Is this the RL, is this JF (BR, Q)
2. They PP and put up a PL (BYT, JM)
1. What is the name of the island in Venice famous for the production of glass? It was so important in the 15th century that glassmakers were forbidden on pain of death from leaving the island.
2. According to the popular saying, what should people in glass houses refrain from doing?
1. Which architect was also a reputed scientist, and was appointed Savilian Professor of Astronomy at Oxford in 1661?
2. Which 12th century German saint is primarily known as the composer of works such as Ordo Virtutum, but also wrote several works of philosophy and theology, and was also famed for her botanical and medicinal knowledge?