This site offers free pub quiz questions for anyone to use and (hopefully) enjoy. To get started, click one of the links below or scroll down for the most recently added quizzes and crosswords. If you're looking for something a bit different to your standard pub quiz questions try the Link Rounds, the Word Squares … Continue reading Welcome to JP’s quizzes
Christmas Quiz 2020: Answers
Answers to the 2020 Christmas Quiz below. Feel free to report your scores in the comments if you wish! Round 1: Link Round (10 points) A nice gentle start this year with the below link round Which artist drew the cartoons which appear in the opening credits of the sitcoms Yes, Minister and Yes, Prime … Continue reading Christmas Quiz 2020: Answers
Christmas Quiz 2020
Hello everyone, the usual mix of fiendish and impossible questions below, for a total of 150 points (I guess people might have a bit more free time than normal and so need a good long quiz). I will upload the answers here in the New Year. Good luck! Round 1: Link Round (10 points) A … Continue reading Christmas Quiz 2020
Origins of place names: 10 questions
1. Which historic region of the world has a name which derives from the Latin for “between rivers”?
2. Which former capital city was named after its founder, who is said to have made a cross in some marshy ground in 1703 and decreed the building of a city there?
Post-apocalyptic literature: 10 questions
1. Which novel by Max Brooks gives eyewitness accounts of a zombie apocalypse?
2. Which planet do the alien attackers come from in H.G. Wells' War of the Worlds?
Post-apocalyptic TV, radio and film: 10 questions
1. The terrifying 1984 TV film Threads portrays the aftermath of a nuclear attack on which English city?
2. In The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, what is the name of the alien race which destroys the Earth to make way for a hyperspace bypass?
The 1700s Ditloids: 10 questions
1. 1703: F of SP by P the G
2. 1714: D of QA
First Millennium ditloids: 10 questions
1. 43 – RI of B
2. 106 – D (modern R) becomes part of the RE
The 1600s Ditloids: 10 questions
1. 1605: P of DQ by M de C
2. 1611: P of the KJB
Football teams and their cities ditloids: 10 questions
Name the city and the two football teams based there from the initials. For example, WHU, A (L) would be West Ham United, Arsenal (London). Where both teams in the question have the name of the city in their team name, the initial for the city has been removed. So, for example, U, W (S) would be United, Wednesday (Sheffield). No country is represented more than once, and all continents except Australia are represented.
1. RP, BJ (BA)
2. R, C (G)
Country, capital, river and currency: 10 Questions
Name the country, capital, major river flowing through the capital city, and currency, from the initials given. For example, UK, L, T, P would be United Kingdom, London, Thames, Pound. No rivers or currencies are repeated.
1. P, L, T, E
2. R, M, M, R